Materials Needed: Kathy Kaye™ Popcorn Ball from Walmart, green food coloring, candy eyes, candy corn, red string licorice, tootsie rolls, black string licorice, chocolate waffle cone, orange food coloring and M&M’s (dilute food coloring with a little almond extract for flavoring).
- Paint the Popcorn Ball with green food coloring and let it dry a bit.
- While waiting for it to dry, soften the tootsie roll so you can mold it for the brim of the hat.
- Wrap the red string licorice around the tootsie rolls (for the legs) and attach with toothpicks.
- This will prevent the ball from rolling if you do this first!
- Cut the black string licorice and stick to the sides.
- Attach the molded brim to the ball and then cut the chocolate waffle cone so it sets on top of the brim.
- Paint the orange trim around the hat with food coloring or orange chocolate.
- Glue the M&M’s to the orange trim.
- Stick the candy eyes on along with a candy corn nose and a red string licorice frowny face.
Creation by Lauren Whiting